Expression of Interest
National Disability Insurance Scheme Launch Transition Agency
Do you have a disability or have you worked with or supported someone with a disability? Do you want to work for an organisation designed to improve the lives of others?
If you answered yes to these two questions, then helping to launch a National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) may be for you.
From July 2013, an NDIS will launch in five locations across Australia. This means, an NDIS will become real for thousands of people in South Australia, Tasmania, the ACT, the Hunter area of NSW and the Barwon area of Victoria.
The NDIS Launch Transition Agency (the Agency) invites people from all backgrounds (particularly those people with a disability or those that have worked with and supported people with disabilities) to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) for employment with the Agency.
The Agency needs experienced and dedicated people to come and work in these sites.
There will be a variety of roles available. These include:
- Office administration roles
- Management and leadership roles
- Customer service and Front of House roles
- Finance and procurement roles
- Planner roles to help people with disability plan for their current and future needs (Allied Health qualifications required), and
- Participant coordination roles to help people with disability, their families and carers coordinate and access supports and services for these needs.
Qualifications and skills for each role will vary. All roles will need people with good communication skills and an understanding and/or lived experience of disability.
Positions are expected to be available from early to mid-2013. A small number of positions may become available in the coming weeks and months. These positions will be offered for a period of up to two years with the possibility of permanent employment with the Agency.
To apply for the EOI, complete the application form below and email to NDISRecruitment@fahcsia.gov.au
- Launch Transition Agency Expression of Interest Form – Word Doc – [48kB]
- Launch Transition Agency Expression of Interest Form – PDF – [24kB]
If you have any questions or need further assistance, please see the frequently asked questions or phone the NDIS enquiry line on 1800 800 110.
Frequently asked questions
What are the exact roles going to be?
Exact roles are still to be finalised, the application lists skills sets that are consistent with expected roles: admin, management, finance/ procurement, planner (allied health/ counselling), client coordination/local area coordinator (LAC), stakeholder engagement, front of house (client services)
When will I hear if my EOI is being considered?
The Agency will need to take their time considering all EOIs. It is unlikely that candidates will be contacted before the end of November 2012, as most of the roles not being filled until early to mid-2013.
How will I know if my application has been received?
If you send your EOI in through the email you will get an email acknowledgement back noting successful receipt. EOIs sent through the mail will be accepted but notification of receipt will not be given.
Are the roles permanent positions?
All roles will initially only be offered for periods of up to two years, not as permanent positions. This is because the legislation establishing the Agency is not yet passed by Parliament.
What is the pay going to be for the various roles?
Levels, job roles and the corresponding pay rates are still being finalised.
What other employment opportunities are there for people with disability in the Australian Public Service?
The Agency will also be taking part in some important programs to increase opportunities for employment of people with disability in the Australian Public Service. These include:
- the Department of Families Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs (FaHCSIA) Intellectual Disability Traineeship Program; and
- the Agency and FaHCSIA are developing a pilot Internship and Graduate Employment program for people with disabilities.
More information on these programs will be provided in the near future.
Attachments and accessible formats
- NDIS Expression of Interest – Auslan interpretation
- NDIS Expression of Interest FAQs – Auslan interpretation
- Launch Transition Agency Expression of Interest Form – Accessible Word Doc [31 kB]
- Launch Transition Agency Expression of Interest Form – PDF [20 kB]
- Launch Transition Agency Expression of Interest Form – Word Doc [48 kB]