We are making changes to improve the way you access the Scheme and use your NDIS plan that will empower you to have more choice and control over your life, while also making sure the NDIS remains sustainable for the long term.
We want to make sure the NDIS is working for you, your family and carers, as well as anyone who needs it in years to come.
You have told us that you want a NDIS that:
- is easy to use.
- is fast and responsive.
- delivers fair and consistent plans and funding.
- provides you with more flexibility to use your budget to achieve the best outcomes for you.
We are making some big changes as well as some smaller, practical changes that will make the NDIS work better for everyone.
In September 2020, we shared information about how independent assessments can work to improve decision making in the NDIS as well as the assessment tools that will be used. Independent assessments are just one part of the program of work we’re doing to create a better NDIS for everyone. We’re also working on:
- Introducing more flexibility in NDIS plans.
- Making sure we’re spending time with you where it matters the most, by supporting you to use your plan.
- Creating more options to set up home and living arrangements to suit you.
- Making the NDIS rules easier to understand, by rewriting our Operational Guidelines in clearer language.
- Rolling out new digital services to make it easier for you to use the NDIS portal, make payments and access your information.
- Making sure our early childhood approach helps all children to reach their potential and achieve their goals.
Learn more and have your say
Over the coming months, we’ll talk to you, your families and carers, and the disability community about the improvements we’re making.
As part of this conversation, you can have your say on how we deliver these improvements so that they work for everyone. You can attend information sessions, and provide your feedback.
We’ll continue to talk to the disability sector about these improvements, and provide opportunities for people to share their views.