Our commitment to you
We are committed to improving how we serve NDIS participants. That’s why we’ve introduced a Participant Service Charter to explain what participants can expect when they deal with us, and the Participant Service Improvement Plan that outlines all the improvements we will make.
Participant Service Charter
The Participant Service Charter is based on five principles for our engagement with participants. We are committed to offering service that is:
We will make it easy to access and understand our information and decisions.
We will respond to individual needs and circumstances.
We will recognise your individual experience and acknowledge you are an expert in your own life.
We will make it easy to access information and be supported by the NDIS to lead your life.
We will support you to access the services and supports you need.
The Participant Service Charter also tells you how you can contact us, make a complaint or provide feedback, and your rights if you do not agree with a decision we’ve made.
Participant Service Guarantee
The Participant Service Charter includes timeframes for our processes – set out under the Participant Service Guarantee. The Participant Service Guarantee sets clear timeframes for key NDIS processes.
The NDIA must make decisions about access, plan approvals, plan reviews and nominee changes within these timeframes. This gives participants, families and carers greater certainty about how long processes will take.
The NDIA will measure itself (where possible) against the proposed Participant Service Guarantee timeframes from 1 July 2020, ahead of the anticipated legislative change.
Read the Participant Service Charter:
- Participant Service Charter (PDF 1.3MB)
- Participant Service Charter (DOCX 91KB)
- Easy Read - Participant Service Charter (PDF 4.9MB)
- Easy Read (text only) - Participant Service Charter (DOCX 53KB)
The Participant Service Charter is current as at 30 June 2020.
Participant Service Charter in Easy Read in other languages
- 参与人服务章程 - 改善 NDIS 使用者待遇
- 參與者服務章程 - 改善 NDIS 使用者待遇
- Charter ng Serbisyo ng Kalahok - Pagpapabuti ng buhay ng mga taong gumagamit ng NDIS
- Charte des services aux participants - Faire la différence pour les personnes qui bénéficient du régime NDIS
- Χάρτης Υπηρεσιών Συμμετεχόντων - Κάνοντας τη διαφορά για τα άτομα που χρησιμοποιούν το NDIS
- प्रतिभागी सेवा अधिकार-पत्र - NDIS (एनडीआईएस) का उपयोग करने वाले लोगों के लिए अंतर लाना
- Carta dei servizi per i partecipanti - Migliorare l'esperienza delle persone che usano l'NDIS
- Повелба за услуги на учесниците - Позитивна промена за луѓето кои користат NDIS
- Pepa o Fa'amatalaga o Aiaiga o 'Auaunaga a le Sui Auai - Fai se suiga mo tagata o lo'o fa'aaogaina le NDIS
- Estatuto de Servicio al Participante - Marcar una diferencia para las personas que utilizan el NDIS
- Bản Tôn chỉ Dịch vụ Dành cho Người tham gia - Tạo sự khác biệt cho những người sử dụng NDIS
Participant Service Improvement Plan
The Participant Service Improvement Plan sets out what we are going to do over the next two years to deliver a Scheme that meets participants’ expectations. Visit the Participant Service Improvement Plan page to see the changes we’re making to improve the NDIS for everyone.