Key ILC documents
Program guidelines for ILC
Organisations interested in applying for grant funding to deliver ILC activities are encouraged to read the program guidelines:
- Community Inclusion and Capacity Development (CICD) Program Guidelines - Implementing Information, Linkages and Capacity Building (ILC), 2016-17 to 2019-20 (DOCX 123KB)
- Community Inclusion and Capacity Development (CICD) Program Guidelines - Implementing Information, Linkages and Capacity Building (ILC), 2016-17 to 2019-20 (PDF 690KB)
The CICD Program was established as part of the NDIS funding commitment by the Commonwealth in the 2013-14 Portfolio Budget Statement as the Program by which the ILC component of the NDIS was to be funded.
The CICD Program Guidelines reflect the requirements of the ILC Policy and the ILC Commissioning Framework and should be read alongside both of these documents.
ILC Policy and Commissioning Framework
In July 2015, all governments in Australia agreed to the ILC Policy Framework.
The policy has now been given to the NDIA to implement. The purpose of the NDIA’s ILC Commissioning Framework is to translate the ILC Policy Framework into action.
At the end of 2015 we released a consultation draft of the Commissioning Framework. The draft outlined how the NDIA planned to fund and manage ILC activities in the future.
The draft ILC Commissioning Framework committed to talking more with people with disability, their families and carers as well as people who work in the sector about some key parts of the Framework. National consultation on key elements of the ILC Commissioning Framework were held from February to April 2016. People provided feedback on the Consultation Draft of the ILC Commissioning Framework by:
- Making a written submission
- Attending a face-to-face consultation session which were held in metropolitan and regional locations across Australia
The feedback was used to inform the latest version of the ILC Commissioning Framework, which was released in November 2016 by the NDIA.
- Information, Linkages and Capacity Building Commissioning Framework (DOCX 4.5MB)
- Information, Linkages and Capacity Building Commissioning Framework (PDF 2.7MB)
The ILC Consultation Summary Report it is available for download below:
The ILC Outcomes Framework Discussion Starter (DOCX 301KB) provides more detail about how outcomes from ILC funded activities will be monitored, measured, reported and evaluated.
The ILC Outcomes Framework will apply to all ILC activities funded through the CICD Program Guidelines.
Sign up to receive updates (external) about Information, Linkages and Capacity Building (ILC).
The ILC budget will build up slowly to $119.348 million in 2019-20, when the NDIA becomes fully responsible for funding ILC.
The ILC budget has been changed following the signing of the Bilateral Agreement between the Commonwealth and the Western Australian Governments.
|ILC policy implementation ($m)||2017-18 budget||2018-19 forward estimate||2019-20 forward estimate||2020-21 forward estimate|
|ILC grant funding||$68,871||$-105,264||$-119,348||$118,603|