The NDIS has been delivering Information, Linkages and Capacity building (ILC) initiatives since 2017 through a grants process and through Partners in the Community.
Delivery of ILC has been informed by two key documents which guide the implementation of ILC. These documents are the ILC Policy Framework and the ILC Commissioning Framework.
ILC Policy Framework
The ILC Policy is a framework that informs the implementation of Information, Linkages and Capacity Building (ILC) component of the NDIS.
The Council of Australian Governments (COAG) Disability Reform Council (DRC) endorsed the ILC Policy Framework in August 2015. The policy was then provided to the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) to implement.
You can read the ILC Policy in full below.
- ILC Policy Framework - revised (DOCX) [104.71 KB]
- ILC Policy Framework - revised (PDF) [217.85 KB]
What you need to know about the ILC Policy Framework
- ILC is the part of the NDIS that provides information, linkages and referrals to connect people with disability, their families and carers, with broader systems of support.
- ILC will facilitate capacity building supports for people with disability, their families and carers.
- The focus of ILC is not who will gain access to it, but on the supports offered. Anyone will be able to inquire about ILC supports through the NDIA or Local Area Coordinators (LAC), including people with disability who do not have an NDIS plan.
- ILC will also promote collaboration and partnership with local communities and other government services to create greater inclusivity and accessibility of people with disability.
- ILC is part of a bigger picture. Partners in the Community delivering Local Area Coordination services as part of ILC, and individual NDIS plans, all work together to support people with disability.
- ILC is a key component of the NDIS’s whole of life insurance based model and will contribute to the sustainability of the NDIS by building the capacity of the community, people with disability, their families and carers.
The ILC Commissioning FrameworkThe purpose of the ILC Commissioning Framework is to translate the ILC Policy Framework into action. It sets out how the NDIA funds and manages ILC activities.
- Information, Linkages and Capacity Building Commissioning Framework (DOCX 4.5MB)
- Information, Linkages and Capacity Building Commissioning Framework (PDF 2.7MB)
- Information, Linkages and Capacity Building Commissioning Framework Easy Read with pictures (DOCX 3.5MB)
- Information, Linkages and Capacity Building Commissioning Framework Easy Read without pictures (PDF 61.8KB)