The NDIA is changing the approach to how Information, Linkages and Capacity Building (ILC) funding is invested. This will help ensure ILC builds the capacity of individuals and communities to be more inclusive and accessible.
To find out about new funding rounds, sign up for the ILC mailing list, check back on this page, or ILC Toolkit (External website).
Economic Participation for People with Disability grant round
A new Economic Participation for People with Disability grant round is open to a range of groups including employers, employment agencies, organisations that work with people with disability, and training providers.
This grant round seeks innovative proposals that build the capacity of people with disability to participate in work, while also supporting employers to create opportunities for people with disability.
- The goal of this funding is to build employer demand through things such as localised community awareness, resources and training.
- It also assists employers to build their capacity to create employment opportunities for people with disability.
Up to $19.9 million (GST incl) is available to fund projects up to one year.
Funding in this round includes opportunities to:
- setup a community of practice between employers of people with disability
- build promotional and marketing activities to attract people with disability to roles in your organisation
- hold events and forums to promote people with disability in workplace settings.
- create workforce inclusion plans.
Applications are open nationally. No maximum grant limit applies, however applicants are encouraged to show value for money in their proposals.
Successful applicants will have an evidence based approach to both enhancing employer’s knowledge and building individual capacity of people with disability to apply and retain employment.
Applicants are advised to visit the DSS Community Grants Hub website (external) (External website) and read through the grant guidelines in the resources section of this page.
This round opens at 9am (AEDT) Friday 15 February 2019 and closes at 2pm (AEDT) on Wednesday 13 March 2019.
On 6 February 2019, the first Shifting the Dial on Employment forum (an initiative that is part of the newly established Participant Employment Taskforce) was held in Geelong to provide an opportunity to showcase, discuss and provide feedback on supports and services that enable people with disability to gain employment.
Discussions at the forum also included the Information, Linkages and Capacity Building (ILC) Economic Participation grant round for people with disability. The summary from this forum is publicly available to ensure all potential applicants for this grant round have access to the information that was provided and discussed at the forum.
ILC funding resources
- Information, Linkages and Capacity Building (ILC)
- ILC Grants
- ILC Toolkit (External website)
- The Strengthening ILC: A national strategy towards 2022 explains the new approach to ILC investment.