From mid-2021 independent assessments will be used to help the NDIA make access and eligibility decisions.
We are interested in your views about:
- How independent assessments will be used to help determine eligibility for the NDIS
- When people might be exempted from completing an independent assessment
- What information people applying to access the NDIS will have to provide as part of the access process
- How we will remove the access lists used during the transition to the NDIS
- The process for eligibility reassessments
Read the paper and respond
What is and is not changing, what does it mean for you? Read more about the access and eligibility policy or download it here:
- Consultation paper - Access and Eligibility Policy with independent assessments (DOCX 2.3MB)
- Consultation paper - Access and Eligibility Policy with independent assessments (PDF 545KB)
- Make a submission
- Attend an event
- Read frequently asked questions about the access and eligibility policy with independent assessments
- Find out more about what these reforms mean for participants.