Consultation submissions closed at 5pm AEST on Friday 10 September 2021. We will publish a post-consultation report after we have read through the submissions.
We are developing a new Home and Living policy that will inform the way we support NDIS participants to pursue their home and living goals.
We want to give participants more choice and control over where they live, who they live with and the supports they use. We also want to support participants to build the skills they need to live independently.
We want to hear from participants living in a variety of living situations to find out more about their goals and preferences around:
- Where they live - a housing option tailored to my goals, preferences and needs
- Who they live with - alone or with my friends, partner, family, or chosen others
- Who helps them - informal supports, funded NDIS supports and other supports
- The things they use - the use of disability-related technology, assistive technology and modifications
- How they want to live their lives - day-to-day routine, socialising, work.
To inform these conversations, we have developed a Home and Living consultation paper and animation in close collaboration with a broad range of participants and stakeholders:
- Consultation paper – An ordinary life at home (DOCX 1.3MB)
- Consultation paper – An ordinary life at home (PDF 1.5MB)
- Easy Read consultation paper (text only) – An ordinary life at home (DOCX 65KB)
- Easy Read consultation paper – An ordinary life at home (PDF 9.2MB)
We aim to build a deep understanding of the key topics and issues that need to be addressed in the Home and Living through a wide variety of consultation activities including:
- an online survey
- online information sessions and
- targeted workshops with participants with complex communication access/support needs.
Further information about specific consultation activities will be published here on the website shortly.
If you have any questions about this consultation process, please email [email protected].
We look forward to receiving your feedback.
The Home and Living consultation paper and survey was developed in collaboration with participants, nominees, families and carers as well as a range of stakeholders including the NDIS Participant Reference Group, the Independent Advisory Council and members of their Home and Living and Intellectual Disability Reference Groups, academics, and members of our Participant First initiative.
We are grateful for the time and expertise they shared with us in the development of these papers. We look forward to continuing our work with them to deliver a new Home and Living policy that supports participants to pursue their home and living goals into the future.