From late 2021 independent assessments will be used to help the NDIA make personalised budget decisions.
We are interested in your views about:
- How independent assessments will be used to help determine a participant’s NDIS budget
- How participants will have more flexibility in their NDIS budgets
- Where funding will be ‘fixed’ (not flexible)
- Plan implementation
- Making changes to NDIS plans and check-ins
Read the paper and respond
What is and is not changing, what does it mean for you? Read more about the planning process and budget flexibility. NDIA CEO Martin Hoffman has answered some questions and dispelled some misinformation. You can download the paper here:
- Consultation paper - Planning Policy for Personalised Budgets and Plan Flexibility (DOCX 3.6MB)
- Consultation paper - Planning Policy for Personalised Budgets and Plan Flexibility (PDF 1MB)
- Make a submission
- Attend an event
- Read frequently asked questions about the changes to the planning process and budget flexibility
- Find out more about what these reforms mean for participants.