The NDIA is conducting a review of Supported Independent Living (SIL) price controls, with the possibility of adding price limits specific to SIL to a future Price Guide, subject to NDIA Board approval.
The NDIA has released the Review of Supported Independent Living Price Controls Issues Paper (DOCX 177KB) that outlines:
- the detail of the SIL Cost Model Review,
- the areas on which the NDIS is seeking feedback and
- details about how to make a submission.
The SIL Issues Paper will:
- examine the cost drivers and differences that arise in the delivery of attendant care in a shared living arrangement,
- seek perspectives on the appropriateness of the assumptions and parameters used in the Disability Support Worker Cost Model for attendant care supports in shared living arrangements,
- seek to refine the assumptions and parameters for setting SIL price limits.
The deadline for submissions to the Review of Supported Independent Living (SIL) Price Controls Issues Paper has been extended to 11.59pm AWST Sunday 25 October 2020. Details about submitting your feedback are in the Issues Paper.
Any endorsed recommendations from the Review of SIL Price Controls will be implemented in a future NDIS Price Guide.