The evaluation of the second pilot focused on:
- Understanding the experiences of participants and how they found the independent assessment process.
- Understanding whether the report reflected what participants told their assessor and their functional capacity.
- Hearing form Assessors on the process and their support needs.
- Getting feedback on the independent assessment tools and whether participants and assessors feel they collected the right information.
Who was involved:
- 3,759 independent assessments completed from participants across all states and territories
- 948 responses to the evaluation survey
- 116 pilot participant interviews
- Together, participants with Autism (15.9%) and an Intellectual Disability (14.8) as their primary diagnosis made up over a third of those who took part in the pilot
- Just over 200 qualified healthcare professionals delivered independent assessments as part of the pilot
- Occupational Therapists delivered the most assessments (45%), followed by Physiotherapists (39%)
- We also received survey responses from 74 independent assessors and interviewed 10 supplier managers and 26 assessors, across three suppliers.