On this page:
On 29 July 2020, the Minister for the NDIS announced new temporary arrangements to help participants meet current health guidelines in New South Wales and Victoria.
The temporary arrangements in the NDIS Price Guide and Support Catalogue 2020–21 are:
- personal protective equipment (PPE) for workers and participants in NSW and Victoria—including masks
- cleaning services in Victoria
- supporting participants in Victoria required to self-isolate or quarantine
- extending eligibility of additional Supported Independent Living (SIL) supports for participants living in SIL in Victoria who are required to quarantine or self-isolate.
These arrangements are in place from 29 July 2020 until 30 September 2020. We will continue to monitor the situation and may implement further measures.
Providers and participants should discuss and agree on any pricing changes before they are applied.
In April 2020, two new support items were introduced for cleaning services and higher intensity support to support participants with Supported Independent Living arrangements during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
In June 2020, the Minister for the NDIS, Stuart Robert, announced the outcome following a review of temporary measures introduced to support participants and disability providers during the pandemic.
As community restrictions ease in much of Australia, a number of the temporary measures ceased at 30 June 2020.
The following applies from 1 July 2020:
- removal of temporary 10 per cent price loading on certain core and capacity building supports;
- definition of cancellation returns to the previous policy levels; and
- Medium Term Accommodation period returns to the original policy of 90 days (rolled back from 180 days).
From 1 October 2020, recovery of the coronavirus (COVID-19) advance payment to eligible registered providers will commence.
The Price Guide 2020-21 reflects these temporary arrangements.