Loganholme: NDIS Provider Supported Independent Living and Specialist Disability Accommodation Forum
The National Disability Insurance Scheme is holding an information session for providers which will be delivered in the following format:
10:00am session - Supported Independent Living
Supported Independent Living (SIL) is assistance with and/or supervising tasks of daily life to develop the skills of individuals to live as autonomously as possible.
This 2 hour session for Providers registered for Daily Tasks/Shared Living covers:
- An overview framework for supported independent living
- An introduction for providers in the use of the supported independent living tool (SIL tool)
- Explanation of the process for submitting SIL quotes with the NDIA
12:30pm session – Specialist Disability Accommodation
Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) is accommodation for NDIS participants who require specialist housing solutions that assist with the delivery of supports catering for extreme functional impairment and/or very high support needs.
This 1 hour session will cover:
- The ecosystem of housing and how all parts of the system assist to meet the housing needs of people with disability
- An explanation of Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA)
- How providers can offer and register to provide SDA
- How to enrol a dwelling and overview of SDA pricing
2.00pm session – Provider Information Session and Q & A
The 1 hour session has been designed to incorporate the latest information and will cover the following:
- Introduction to the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission
- Participant Transport and Provider Travel explained
- Update on Pricing Controls
- Open Q&A
Who should attend?
Anyone providing supports under the NDIS