Bundaberg: Provider Session 1 – Understanding the NDIS
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is holding the first of three comprehensive information sessions for new or potential providers.
This first session is an introduction to the NDIS which will explore the NDIS Act, NDIS Rules and Operational Guidelines, how the NDIS makes funding decisions (reasonable and necessary), appeals, reviews and capacity building.
This session will cover:
- NDIS overview and update
- NDIS governance documents
- NDIS Act
- NDIS Rules
- Operational Guidelines
Council of Australian Governments (COAG) Principles to Determine the Responsibilities of the NDIS and Other Service Systems, including:
- Child Safety
Reasonable and necessary decision-making – s 34
- Evidence and reports
- Appeals and reviews – s 48 and s 100
- The role of support coordination and local area coordination (LACs)
- Transition hints and tips
Please advise any accessibility requirements.
Other sessions in this three-part series include:
- Provider Session 2: Getting started as a Provider
- Provider Session 3: Operating within the NDIS