Caboolture: NDIS Provider Session – Supported Independent Living and Specialist Disability Accommodation
The NDIS is holding an information session for providers in the Caboolture region.
Supported Independent Living and Specialist Disability Accommodation
Supported Independent Living (SIL) is assistance with and/or supervising tasks of daily life to develop the skills of individuals to live as autonomously as possible.
This session is for Providers registered for Daily Tasks/Shared Living covers:
- An overview framework for supported independent living
- An introduction for providers in the use of the supported independent living tool (SIL tool)
- Explanation of the process for submitting SIL quotes with the NDIA
Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) is accommodation for NDIS participants who require specialist housing solutions that assist with the delivery of supports catering for extreme functional impairment and/or very high support needs.
- The ecosystem of housing and how all parts of the system assist to meet the housing needs of people with disability
- An explanation of Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA)
- How providers can offer and register to provide SDA
- How to enroll a dwelling and overview of SDA pricing
Who should attend?
Providers interested in providing SDA and SIL services.
Please advise any accessibility requirements.