Online: Victoria and Tasmania community update
The NDIA invites Victorian and Tasmanian participants, families, carers, people with a disability, and the disability community to attend a session about recent NDIS announcements and updates.
Topics covered will include:
- New initiatives and changes including:
- Participant Service Charter – shows participants how we will work with and support them, and explains what they can expect when they deal with the NDIA and our Partners in the Community.
- Participant Service Guarantee – establishes timeframes for the NDIA to make decisions about access, plan approval and plan reviews, and nominee changes.
- Service Improvement Plan – sets out the activities we will deliver over the next two years to meet the engagement principles and timeframes in the Service Charter.
- Independent Assessments – will be introduced in 2021 for NDIS applicants and participants aged 7 and over, improving how people access and use the NDIS, and for planning reviews based on life stages.
- COVID-19 updates
- Participant Check-ins – a more flexible scheduled plan review approach to make sure a participant’s NDIS supports are meeting their needs.
Register through the link below, advising of any accessibility, interpreter, live captioning, or other requirements. Please note, we need a minimum of five (5) business days' notice to book interpreters and live captioning services.
Details on how to join the session will be emailed to registered attendees two business days prior to the session date.
Please note we encourage individual registrations for all sessions to ensure each registrant receives these details.
Sessions are offered over multiple dates to allow flexibility for attendees. Each session will be delivered via video-conference using Microsoft Teams, and will cover the same content. Staff from both Victoria and Tasmania will be available to answer any state-specific questions you may have.
For any enquiries regarding this session or if you require information to be presented in an alternative format for accessibility reasons, please contact email@example.com and include the session name in the subject line.