Online: Protecting yourself from fraud information session
Fraud is a crime. It requires intent. People who commit fraud try to get benefits for themselves or others by being dishonest.
Fraud is a type of non-compliance. Fraud and non-compliance hurts participants and the costs are not just financial.
When people do the wrong thing with NDIS funds:
- it takes money from a participant’s NDIS budget
- stops participants from being able to purchase the supports they genuinely need
- makes it harder for participants to pursue their goals, and
- puts additional pressure on carers, family, friends and support networks.
In this 1 hour virtual information session, we will provide information to help you:
- understand the difference between fraud, non-compliance and making mistakes
- protect yourself from fraud and non-compliant behaviour
- identify and report fraud and non-compliance when you see it.
This session will cover topics relevant to participants, nominees, families and carers and providers.
We encourage you to attend a national session, which is advertised on the NDIS website and on Eventbrite.
Sessions will be delivered via video-conference using Microsoft Teams.
Registrations will close three business days prior to the session date. Two business days prior to the session, login details (including the MS Teams link) will be sent via email from [email protected] to the email address you provide at registration (this email may filter to your junk mail).
We encourage individual registrations for all events to ensure each registrant receives these details. Please also ensure your email address is correct when registering.
Accessibility is important to us. If you have any accessibility, interpreter, live captioning, or other requirements please advise when registering.
Please note, a minimum of five (5) business days' notice is required to book interpreters and live captioning services.
For any enquiries regarding this session, please contact [email protected] and include the session name in the subject line.
Registration is through Eventbrite, please read our advice on using the Eventbrite platform.