If you are applying on behalf of a child under 7 years, please visit Help for children under 7 page and then contact your local Early Childhood Partner.
If you are a person with disability aged 7 - 65 years who would like to join the NDIS, you will need to meet the access requirements. To find out more, visit the NDIS access criteria page.
If you think you meet these requirements you can apply in one of two ways:
- you can make a Verbal Access Request by calling us on 1800 800 110, or
- fill out an Access Request Form and send it to us.
To apply for the NDIS you will need to provide:
- a completed Access Request Form
- information about your age, residency and disability or need for early intervention. We call this supporting information.
Access Request Form
On 15 February 2021, the Access Request Form was updated to make it easier to use. If you have started an access request on the old version of the access request form, you can still submit your request using the old form.
The Access Request Form is the form you complete to apply for the NDIS. You may also need to give us some supporting information when you submit your access request.
- download the Access Request Form (PDF) - note the Access Request Form is not compatible with Internet Explorer
- ask us to mail you the form by calling us on 1800 800 110
- make a verbal access request by calling us on 1800 800 110.
Your treating health professional will need to complete Section 2 of the Access Request Form or if you have existing reports or assessments you can send them to us with your completed form.
If you need help to apply, please contact your Local Area Coordinator or NDIA Office.
Completing your Access Request Form and supporting information
We know that gathering your information can take time. Please take all the time you need to complete the form before returning it to us.
Your Access Request Form needs a signature. If you are completing it digitally, you can use a digital signature. You must complete the digital signature last.
If you make any changes to the form after you have signed it, you will need to sign it again, at the end.
If you are unable to sign your Access Request Form with a digital signature you can phone 1800 800 110 and make a Verbal Access Request.
Gathering your supporting information
To understand what supporting information you need to provide to the NDIA, you can refer to providing evidence of your disability.
No matter how you apply, you will need to provide us with the same information and evidence to support your access request.
Please take all the time you need to gather supporting information to confirm your:
- Disability or need for Early Intervention.