Two participant booklets are available to support people with disability and participants throughout their NDIS journey during the test of our new computer system and processes in Tasmania.
The booklets are a practical tool to help people with disability, participants, their families, carers and the wider community to learn more about how to apply for the NDIS, prepare for a planning meeting and use their plan.
The booklets are intended for use throughout a person’s NDIS journey in Tasmania and can be used to record key information, write questions and collect thoughts.
Booklet 1 – How the NDIS can help you
Booklet 1 covers:
- what the NDIS does and who is involved
- what happens when you contact the NDIS for the first time
- talking to you about your needs and current situation
- the community and mainstream services we can connect you to
- what the NDIS funds
- how to work out if you’re eligible for NDIS funded supports
- how to apply for NDIS funded supports
- you’ve decided how you want us to help – what happens next.
Booklet 2 – Understanding and using your NDIS plan
Booklet 2 covers:
- what your NDIS plan includes
- how to use your NDIS plan
- how to choose and pay for supports and services
- how to prepare for a plan reassessment.
- Overview of the test in Tasmania (DOCX 227 KB)
- Overview of the test in Tasmania – easy read (PDF 4.3MB)
- Will I be part of the test in Tasmania? (DOCX 228 KB)
- Will I be part of the test in Tasmania? - easy read (PDF 4MB)
- Making connections (DOCX 229KB)
- Making connections - easy read (PDF 5MB)
- Applying to the NDIS (DOCX 222KB)
- Creating your plan (DOCX 228KB)
- Using your NDIS plan (DOCX 230KB)
- Changing your NDIS plan (DOCX 229 KB)
- Information for self-managing participants (DOCX 249KB)
- Information on participant-endorsed providers (DOCX 238KB)
- Checking your identity (DOCX 116KB)
- Understanding consent (DOCX 116KB)