- A new NDIS computer system including a new participant portal.
- Improved processes and better connections.
- Participants will meet with the planner who approves their NDIS plan.
- Increased support to people with disability and children and families where there are concerns about their development to learn about and access community and mainstream supports available to them, including applying to access the NDIS.
Because participants are at the centre of everything we do, we have built a new computer system to improve the way we work and deliver a quality experience.
Our new computer system and consistent processes will make implementing the outcomes of current and future co-design activities easier and will ensure we can be responsive to the Commonwealth Government’s Review of the NDIS. These activities will direct future enhancements to the NDIS.
Our existing computer system makes it hard for NDIA staff, our local area coordinators and early childhood partners to do their job.
It needs to be replaced with a better system that helps us to:
- improve the participant experience with nationally consistent processes
- implement recommendations from current and future co-design activities
- provide us with simpler internal processes on one system, to help our staff and NDIS partners in their work
- meet the timeframes in the Participant Service Guarantee
- implement recent amendments to the NDIS Act.
Our new computer system makes how we work more efficient, which means we will have more time to spend where it matters, supporting people with disability and NDIS participants.