Market position statements
The National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) has developed a series of Market Position Statements (MPS) to inform market stakeholders and help current and prospective providers of supports and services prepare for the opportunities that the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) will create in coming years.
The statements seek to share information about the emerging NDIS marketplace, allowing providers to better understand areas of expected demand growth and the characteristics of geographical markets around Australia. The statements include information at a state level and also include more specific insights to selected local markets.
Frequently asked questions on the statements can be found here (DOCX 83KB).
The NDIA values the role of providers and sees them as a critical part of the NDIS as they will be delivering high quality, person centred supports to help participants achieve their outcomes. The NDIA would like to see a market with a diverse array of providers that maximises choice and control for participants but also enables strong links with mainstream services and family and community support to help achieve the overall NDIS aspirations of increased social and economic participation for people with disability.
The NDIA has published the following MPS:
- ACT and Southern NSW Market Position Statement (DOCX 5MB)
- ACT and Southern NSW Market Position Statement (PDF 5MB)
- NSW Market Position Statement
- NT Market Position Statement (DOCX 22.1MB)
- NT Market Position Statement (PDF 1.8MB)
- QLD Market Position Statement (PDF 3.7MB)
- SA Market Position Statement (PDF 2.6MB)
- TAS Market Position Statement (DOCX 13.2MB)
- TAS Market Position Statement (PDF 2.6MB)
- VIC Market Position Statement (PDF 2.5MB)