New participant booklets now available
We’ve released three participant booklets to support current and future NDIS participants, their families and carers throughout their NDIS journey.
A key recommendation of the NDIS Pathway Review was to provide clear and more detailed information to assist people to understand and navigate the NDIS.
The booklets provide practical information for participants, potential participants, their families, carers and the wider community to use throughout their NDIS journey. They have been developed in consultation with people with disability, to ensure they are useful, accessible and informative.
As a key resource in navigating the NDIS, the booklets are intended for use throughout a participant’s journey and can be used to record key information, write questions and collect thoughts.
Booklet 1 – Understanding the NDIS
Booklet 1 covers:
- Learning about the NDIS
- Deciding whether to apply for the NDIS
- Accessing the NDIS
Booklet 2 – Planning
Booklet 2 covers:
- Understanding your current supports
- Creating a NDIS plan to achieve your goals
- Receiving an approved NDIS plan
Booklet 3 – Using your NDIS Plan
Booklet 3 covers:
- Understanding what’s in your plan
- Learning how to use your plan
- Choosing and managing supports and services
- Reviewing your plan and progress
Access the booklets, including Easy English versions, here.
Braille and versions in languages other than English will be available shortly.