- My NDIS pathway
- New pathway experience
- New Provider Toolkit explained
- Transitioning from the NDIS
- Understanding your plan and supports
- Using the participant portal
- Self-managing your NDIS funding
- In-kind supports
- Finding and engaging providers
- What are reasonable and necessary supports?
- Assistive Technology
- Translation and Interpreter Service
Directly engaging your own staff
The document available on this page provides general information about some of the considerations that may be relevant to employing your own staff.
Direct employment of staff gives you control over the people who work with you, the hours they work and the tasks that they perform. Direct employment is only an option if you self-manage your NDIS funding.
You do not need to directly employ all of the staff who deliver your NDIA funded supports. You can use this option on its own or in combination with using self-employed contractors or other service providers (including service providers registered with the NDIA).
This document explains your responsibilities around:
- Withholding PAYG Tax
- Superannuation Guarantee
- Workers Compensation Insurance
- Public Liability Insurance
- Pay rates
- ATO compliance calendar
- Police clearance and working with children/vulnerable people screening.