My NDIS Pathway
My NDIS pathway is your guide to becoming an NDIS participant.This information will help you understand the path you will travel as the NDIS begins to work with you.
- My NDIS Pathway - a guide to being an NDIS participant (PDF 370KB)
- My NDIS Pathway - a guide to being an NDIS participant (DOCX 200KB)
- Supporting families and carers (PDF 180KB)
- Supporting families and carers (DOCX 200KB)
Starting your NDIS journey
My NDIS pathway explains a participant’s journey with the NDIS in five simple stages.
Stage 1: What is the NDIS?
The NDIS is a new way of providing disability support that takes a lifetime approach.
Find out more about the NDIS:
- About the NDIS (PDF 90KB)
- About the NDIS (DOCX 30KB)
- About the NDIS video
- Easy English: About the NDIS (PDF 2.5MB)
- Easy English: About the NDIS (DOCX 56KB)
Stage 2: Can I access the NDIS?
You can access the NDIS depending on your age, residency and disability.
Find out more about the accessing the NDIS:
Stage 3: My first plan
Your first plan is the start of a lifelong relationship with the NDIS.
Find out more about the developing your first NDIS plan:
- Developing your NDIS plan (PDF 498KB)
- Developing your NDIS plan (text only) (DOCX 498KB)
- Checklist: Getting ready for your planning conversation (PDF 679KB)
- Checklist: Getting ready for your planning conversation (DOCX 204KB)
Stage 4: Starting my plan
You can choose the providers you want. Your existing provider may need to continue to deliver some supports initially. Find out more about starting your plan, Understanding your plan and supports and the Self-managing budgets in your plan.
Stage 5: Reviewing my plan
We review your plan with you every 12 months to make sure you’re getting the support you need.