- New pathway experience
- My NDIS pathway
- Transitioning from the NDIS
- Understanding your plan and supports
- Using the participant portal
- Self-managing budgets
- In-kind supports
- Finding and engaging providers
- What are reasonable and necessary supports?
- Assistive Technology
- Translation and Interpreter Service
Translations and Interpreter Services
Participants from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds may require assistance to access translation and interpreting services in order to implement the supports available in their National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) Plan.
If participants or their parents or carers have English as a second language assistance from the National Translation and Interpreter Services (TIS National) is available to assist with translation.