People with disability
- NDIS Ready
- Accessing the NDIS
- What help can I get
- Examples of services and support
- Your questions answered
- Factsheets and publications
- Information and referral
- Continuity of support
- Connecting with the mainstream
- Other services in your state
- Consumer resources
- Sector Development Fund
- School Leaver Employment Supports
- Videos and stories
What to ask a new SLES provider
School Leaver Employment Support (SLES) offers individualised support to help you move from school to work. We encourage you to think about what help you need to achieve your work goals.
Here are some examples of questions you might like to ask when choosing a SLES provider:
- How many of your participants have gone on to get a job? (TIP: if they are a Disability Employment Service you could ask about their STAR rating)
- Will there be opportunities for open employment work experience in an area I’m interested in?
- What kind of services do you offer?
- What kind of supports do you offer?
- How will you assist me to achieve my goals?
- What supports would you recommend based on the skills I need to develop?
- Do your services offer flexible hours?
- Do you provide one-on-one or group support?
- What qualifications do your staff have?
- Can I visit the premises and meet the people who will be working with me?