How pricing works
The NDIA sets the price for some supports to make sure they provide value for money for participants.
Changes to prices are updated to respond to market trends and changes in costs and are generally identified through an Annual Price Review. The Annual Price Review is undertaken by the NDIA in the lead up to new financial year, with any new prices outlined in an updated price guide, effective 1 July each year.
Refer to the Annual Price Review page for the latest updates.
NDIS Price Guide 2019-20
The NDIA has released an updated NDIS Price Guide and Support Catalogue 2019–20, effective 1 July 2019.
Key updates effective 1 July 2019 include:
- general price increases and specific increases for therapists, attendant care and community participation;
- the introduction of a Temporary Transformation Payment (TTP);
- increases to remote and very remote loadings;
- updates to travel, non- face-to-face services and cancellation billing policies;
- updates to Assistive Technology and Home Modifications;
- outcomes from the WA Market Review and Therapy Services Review.
The updated NDIS Price Guide 2019–20 is now a single national price guide. It provides information and guidance about NDIS prices and linked policy. The NDIS Price Guide 2019-20 must be used in conjunction with the NDIS Support Catalogue 2019–20 when a provider and participant discuss what can be charged, and at what price, to deliver supports. The NDIS Support Catalogue 2019-20 outlines price limits and all claimable line item numbers. Providers and participants must discuss and agree on any proposed changes to charges before they are implemented
The increased price limits across listed supports from 1 July 2019 are:
- 4.5% for supports listed under Assistance with Daily Activities and Social and Community Participation. This is in response to the Fair Work Commission annual wage review decision and the Equal Remuneration Order
- 2.1% for capacity building supports, including support coordination and therapy. This is in line with the ABS Wage Price Index
- 1.3% for supports listed under Consumables, Assistive Technology and Home Modification and Specialised Disability Accommodation. This is to align with the ABS Consumer Price Index between March 2018 and March 2019.
Download the NDIS Price Guide 2019-20 and NDIS Support Catalogue 2019-20 that go into effect 1 July 2019:
Price guides and related resources 2019-20
- 2019-20 price guide (DOCX 147B)
- 2019-20 price guide (PDF 582KB)
- Assistive Technology and Consumables Code Guide
- Price guide 2019-20 for Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA)
- 2019-20 support catalogue (PDF 746KB)
- 2019-20 support catalogue (CSV 226KB)
- 2019-20 support catalogue (XLSX 163KB)