Depending on what type of provider you are, organisations seeking to provide supports in Australian Capital Territory must abide by certain rules, regulations and agreements when providing services.
Important state approval deadline for ACT providers
From 1 March 2019, the ACT government will be unable to assess the following registration groups against their quality and safeguard standards:
- Assist-Life Stage, Transition
- Assist Personal Activities
- Personal Activities High
- Behaviour Support
- Daily Tasks/Shared Living
- Development-Life Skills
- Group/Centre Activities
- Participate Community
- Plan Management
- Support Coordination
- Early Childhood Supports
- Therapeutic Supports
- Accommodation / Tenancy
- Assist Access/Maintain Employment
- Specialised Supported Employment
Providers wishing to apply for these registration groups in ACT must begin the process with the ACT government before 1 March 2019.
The ACT government has nominated this cut-off date due to the length of time required to assess registration applications against their quality and safeguard standards. Find out how to contact your state or territory government.
Application for registrations in the listed groups must undergo a three-step application process:
- The first step is to begin the registration process with the NDIA through the myplace provider portal. This step includes choosing the registration groups you wish to apply for.
- The second step is to gain state approval from the relevant state or territory government for the listed registration groups. For providers in ACT, this process must begin before 1 March 2019.
- The third step is to upload evidence of your state approval into the myplace provider portal and advise the NDIA email: firstname.lastname@example.org. This step can occur up until 30 June 2019.
After 1 March 2019
If providers operating in ACT wait until after 1 March 2019 to begin the first step to gain state approval, the ACT government will be unable to provide state approval. Without this approval, the NDIA will be unable to progress the application further. The registration application will remain in the myplace provider portal until 30 June 2019.
The NDIA will continue to receive applications for all registration groups. However until evidence of state approval has been uploaded in the myplace provider portal, the NDIA cannot progress the application. This evidence can be provided to the NDIA up to 30 June 2019.
After 1 March 2019, providers in ACT wishing to receive approval for the listed registration groups will need to begin a new application with the NDIS Commission. Providers are reminded that the NDIS Commission will not begin accepting applications for registration of providers in Vic, Qld, Tas, ACT and the NT until 1 July 2019. Ensuring applications are submitted to the NDIA early will avoid the need to re-apply for registration with the NDIS Commission on 1 July 2019.
If you receive state approval
If you have recently received a State Approval certificate, please upload a copy of it through the myplace provider portal, and advise the NDIA to progress the review of your application email: email@example.com
Terms of business
It is important providers read and understand the terms of business. These are available in the Provider Toolkit key resources:
Guide to suitability
The guide to suitability is available in the Provider Toolkit (external) (External website) key resources:
- Provider registration guide to suitability (PDF 1MB)
- Provider registration guide to suitability (DOCX 454KB)
Providers are required to provide supports to participants consistent with the terms of business, quality and safeguards working arrangements, and guide to suitability. It is important to read the entire guide to suitability, but please ensure you pay particular attention to the section specifically about ACT providers.
Note: the guide to suitability will be updated shortly to reflect the state arrangements for transition.