In order to support the development of the Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) market, increase choice and control for participants, and ensure the long-term viability of SDA investments under the NDIS, the NDIA is establishing an SDA Reference Group.
The group will focus on:
- Implementation of SDA policy
- Market development matters
- Pricing assumptions
- Innovation and best practice
- Participant experience of SDA processes, market and housing outcomes
- Clarity and consolidation of current information.
SDA Reference Group Membership includes key senior Department of Social Services, NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission and NDIA staff, and up to 12 appointed representatives across the sector, including:
- NDIS participants, families and their representatives
- Providers of SDA (including Community Housing Providers and State and Territory Governments)
- Investors and financiers
- Other key stakeholders (e.g. research and policy organisations).
Membership of the group is intended to reflect the diversity of SDA stakeholder types and will be appointed via an open expression of interest process led by the NDIA.
The creation of the SDA Reference Group demonstrates the commitment to the sustainability of the SDA market and ongoing improvement to the participant experience.
Full details are in the Terms of Reference (DOCX 89KB)
Expression of interest process
The NDIA welcomes expressions of interest from stakeholders seeking to become members of the SDA Reference Group.
Members will be selected based on their ability to represent the views of their stakeholder group most effectively, including demonstrating clear knowledge of the range of issues and opportunities of their stakeholder group.
The SDA Reference Group will meet eight times over 18 months from its first meeting.
Applicants will be advised of the outcomes of the EOI process within 10 working days of the process closing.
If you have any questions about the SDA Reference Group or the expression of interest process, please contact SDAHousing@ndis.gov.au