My Access Checker
My Access Checker is a tool to help people with permanent and significant disability understand whether they may be able to access assistance from the NDIS or the My Way initiative in WA during the launch period. My Access Checker process is anonymous; this is why we only ask you for your first name.
Anyone can complete My Access Checker. Even if you do not live in one of the NDIS launch sites for 2013 or 2014, or one of the My Way initiative locations in Western Australia (2014 or 2015), you can still complete My Access Checker to find out whether you could meet the access requirements. It should take between 10 and 20 minutes to complete.
The NDIS is currently available in:
- the Hunter launch site in New South Wales
- the Barwon launch site in Victoria
- South Australia for children aged under six years
- Tasmania for young people aged 15 to 24 years.
From 1 July 2014 the NDIS will commence in:
- the ACT,
- the Barkly region of the Northern Territory and
- the Perth Hills area of Western Australia.
From 1 July 2014 the NDIS in South Australia will be extended to include children aged under 14 years.
Go to ndis.gov.au/roll-out for more details on the rollout of the NDIS.
In addition, from 1 July 2014 the Western Australian My Way initiative will commence in the Lower South West area of Western Australia.
From 1 July 2015 the Western Australian My Way initiative will commence in the Cockburn-Kwinana area of WA.
My Access Checker will:
- check you are in one of the current or future NDIS launch sites or My Way initiative locations. If you are not in a current or future launch site or My Way initiative location, My Access Checker will notify you of this and then give you the option to continue completing My Access Checker if you wish to do so
- check you are the right age for the launch area you are living in
- ask where you live, but keeps you anonymous by not storing some of your address details
- check that you are a resident entitled to support from NDIS
- check you have a disability and whether it will last for the rest of your life
- ask you about how much support you need when doing certain daily tasks.
To see further information on whether you can access assistance from NDIS or My Way initiative (WA) view the access requirements.
To see if you may be able to access assistance from NDIS or My Way initiative (WA):