Other services in your state or territory
Existing government disability services
If you are not in a National Disability Insurance Scheme first stage site, you will still be able to engage with existing Australian and state and territory government disability services around your support needs.
Follow the links to find a government disability service near you.
Department of Social Services website: www.dss.gov.au/our-responsibilities/disability-and-carers (external link)
The Commonwealth funds organisations to provide advocacy services to people with disability under the National Disability Advocacy Program (NDAP) (external link). The NDAP provides people with disability access to effective disability advocacy that promotes, protects and ensures their full and equal enjoyment of all human rights enabling community participation.
To find out more about any of the 59 NDAP agencies across Australia, try the NDAPfinder (external link).
Australian Capital Territory
- Website: http://www.communityservices.act.gov.au/disability_act
- Telephone: General Enquiries: 133 427
- Disability Information Service: (02) 6207 1086 TTY: (02) 6205 0888
- Email: disabilityACT@act.gov.au
New South Wales
Website: http://www.adhc.nsw.gov.au/ (external link)
Northern Territory Government Office of Disability
- Website: http://health.nt.gov.au/Aged_and_Disability/Office_of_Disability/index.aspx
- Telephone: 1800 139 656
- Email: via online form (external link)
Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services
- Website: www.communities.qld.gov.au/ndis/ (external link)
- Email: email@example.com
- Subscribe to the Queensland NDIS update e-blast (external link)
- Telephone: 13 QGOV (13 74 68)
- TTY: 133 677
Disability Information Service
- Website: http://www.sa.gov.au/topics/community-support/disability (external link)
- Telephone: 1300 786 117
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tasmanian Government Disability and Community Services
- Website: http://www.dhhs.tas.gov.au/disability
- Telephone: 1300 135 513
- Email: via the online contact form (external link)
The Gateway Services are the community-based entry point for people with disability to access services. They can be contacted by ringing 1800 171 233 from anywhere in Tasmania.
Department of Health and Human Services
- Website: www.dhhs.vic.gov.au
- Telephone: 1300 650 172
Disability Services Commission
- Website: http://www.disability.wa.gov.au/ (external link)