The NDIS funds:
- Disability-specific supports needed because of the impact of a child or parent’s disability.
- Disability-specific training programs for parents and carers who have a disability themselves, or a child with disability.
- Disability-related supports for children, teenagers and adults in out-of-home care, including home modifications, equipment, therapies and development of a child’s skills to become more independent.
Disability Reform Council
The Commonwealth and State and Territory governments have endorsed reforms to clarify the responsibilities for children in voluntary-out-of-home care due to complex disability needs. Read the Latest News and Disability Reform Council’s Communique 28 June 2019
The Community and Government Family Services funds:
- Response to child protection issues.
- Information and awareness campaigns regarding child safety and wellbeing.
- Counselling, parenting skills programs and family relationship services.
- Out-of-home care for children, teenagers and adults, including housing, care allowances, payments and other standard supports to sustain the arrangements.
- Family and parenting payments such as the Family Tax Benefit or Child Care Rebates.