The NDIS funds
- Self-care at school related to the student’s disability, like support with eating.
- Specialised training of teachers and other staff about the specific personal support needs of a student with disability.
- Specialist transport required because of the student’s disability (does not substitute parental responsibility).
- Transportable equipment such as a wheelchair or personal communication devices.
- Therapies a family and school have agreed may be delivered during school time but are not for educational purposes.
Education systems fund
- Teachers, learning assistants and other supports such as Auslan interpreters.
- General support, resources and training for teachers, tutors and other staff.
- Therapy delivered in schools for education or training purposes, such as allied health practitioners helping teachers and trainers adjust curriculums.
- Aids and equipment to make curriculums accessible, such as modified computer hardware, software and Braille textbooks.
- Adjustments to buildings such as ramps, lifts and hearing loops.
- Transport for educational or training activities such as excursions, field trips and sporting carnivals.
- Day-to-day supervision of students at school, including behavioural support.