Are you a Year 12 student or leaving school?
School leaver employment supports are NDIS supports available to students leaving secondary school.
These supports give you the skills and confidence to help you move from school to employment. They offer individualised supports for up to 2 years after finishing school to help you get ready for work and plan your pathway to employment.
They are also tailored to meet your individual employment goals and may include:
- work experience in open employment
- job skills training
- travel training.
School leaver employment supports and education
The NDIA works with education providers to support students with disability to make a smooth transition into school leaver employment supports or other types of employment supports.
School leaver employment supports and other service systems
The NDIS is responsible for funding supports to assist people with disability to prepare for, and take part in work, where the person has work capacity but needs some more support before receiving ongoing employment support through existing systems.
Employment services and programs, including disability-targeted and open employment services, will continue to be responsible for providing advice and support to:
- people with disability to prepare for, find and maintain jobs
- encourage employers to hire and be inclusive of people with disability in the workplace (e.g. support, training and resources, funding assistance to help employers make reasonable adjustments, and incentives for hiring people with disability, such as wage subsidies).
- School leaver employment supports booklet (DOCX 130KB)
- School leaver employment supports booklet (PDF 392KB)
- School leaver employment supports provider comparison worksheet (DOCX 96KB)
- School leaver employment supports provider comparison worksheet (PDF 258KB)
- School leaver employment goals worksheet (DOCX 111KB)
- School leaver employment goals worksheet (PDF 208KB).
Information for providers
Visit the School leaver employment supports page for more information, including a copy of the NDIS Provider Reporting Tool.