Today, the Minister for the National Disability Insurance Scheme, the Hon Stuart Robert MP, released the Quarterly Report to disability ministers Q1 2020-21.
The Quarterly Report is a summary of how the Scheme performed from 1 July 2020 to 30 September 2020.
Get an update on how we are performing against the service standards set out in the Participant Service Guarantee
As part of the last Quarterly Report, we announced the Participant Service Charter and Guarantee. Now we have data to show how we are tracking with our Service Guarantee, which sets clear timeframes for key NDIS processes.
For example, we are making 100 per cent of access decisions within 14 days (once we receive all relevant information). We are also completing 99 per cent of reviews of reviewable decisions within 90 days. It doesn’t end here.
Read the full update in the latest Quarterly Report.
Learn about the NDIA’s COVID-19 response
Find out how the Agency has responded to the COVID-19 pandemic to support participants, their families and carers, providers, staff and partners.
For example, the Agency has made 6,902 calls to participants in lockdown in Victoria during the second wave – to check in on vulnerable participants. This is in addition to the 65,844 participants we contacted last quarter.
Learn more about the NDIA’s COVID-19 response in the latest Quarterly Report.
Read interesting participant stories
One of the many stories in the Quarterly Report talks about the Sing Song Signers Choir in the Northern Territory, run by NDIS provider, Down Syndrome Association. This choir, made up of people with disability, ‘signs’ their songs and leaves their audience in awe.
Read the full story on page 29, and enjoy a number of other participant stories throughout the report too.
Learn how the Scheme is going from strength to strength
- The Scheme is supporting approximately 412,500 people with disability, with nearly 22,000 joining this quarter.
- 37 per cent of new participants this quarter were aged 0-6 years and 8,639 children are receiving initial supports in the ECEI gateway.
- The Agency is closing 95 per cent of complaints within 21 days (58 per cent a year ago).
- The Call Centre is answering 85 per cent of calls within 60 seconds.
- Diversity continues to increase:
- 9.1 per cent of participants identified as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (6.4 per cent in previous quarters) – the highest percentage in the history of the NDIS.
- 10.5 per cent of participants identified as Culturally and Linguistically Diverse participants (9.2 per cent in previous quarters)
- 2 per cent live in remote/very remote areas (1.5 per cent in previous quarters)
- • Participant satisfaction across the pathway has significantly improved over recent months:
- 84 per cent rated the access process as good/very good compared (73 per cent 12 months earlier)
- 83 per cent rated the pre-planning process as good/very good (80 per cent 12 months earlier).
Find out more about the progress of the Scheme
The full report (PDF 10.3MB), including detailed information about the NDIS, participants, providers and the market, is available on the Quarterly Reports page.
If you are interested in NDIS data, sign up to the Data and Insights newsletter and be the first to know about Quarterly Reports, data releases and relevant events.
If you have any questions about the Quarterly Report, please contact the National Contact Centre on 1800 800 110 or send your questions to the Scheme Actuary mailbox.