People with disability
- NDIS Ready
- Accessing the NDIS
- What help can I get
- Examples of services and support
- Your questions answered
- Factsheets and publications
- Information and referral
- Continuity of support
- Connecting with the mainstream
- Other services in your state
- Consumer resources
- School Leaver Employment Services
- Videos and stories
School Leaver Employment Supports (SLES)
What is SLES
Are you a Year 12 student?
School Leaver Employment Support, or SLES, is a new NDIS support that may help you.
SLES is about giving you the skills and confidence to help you move from school to employment.
SLES offers you individualised support for up to 2 years after finishing year 12 to help you get ready for work and plan your pathway to employment.
Your SLES supports will be tailored to meet your individual employment goals. This may include:
- Work experience in open employment
- Job skills training
- Travel training
SLES and Education
The NDIA works with Education to support students with disability to make a smooth transition into SLES or other employment supports.
SLES and other service systems
The NDIS will be responsible for funding supports that assist people with disability prepare for, and take part in work where the person has work capacity but needs some more support before receiving ongoing employment support through existing systems.
Employment services and programs, including both disability-targeted and open employment services, will continue to be responsible for providing advice and support to:
- People with disability to prepare for, find and maintain jobs;
- Encourage employers to hire and be inclusive of people with disability in the workplace (e.g. support, training and resources, funding assistance to help employers make reasonable adjustments, and incentives for hiring people with disability , such as wage subsidies).
- School Leaver Employment Support - information graphic (PDF)
- General overview (PDF 253KB)
- Factsheet SLES and Disability Employment Services (PDF 113KB)
- Factsheet SLES and Disability Employment Services (DOCX 47KB)
- FAQs (PDF 325KB)
- FAQs (DOCX 213KB)
Information for Providers
- School Leaver Employment Support - Provider Handbook (DOCX 3MB)
- School Leaver Employment Support - Provider Handbook (PDF 648KB)