If you want to find an NDIS office address, check our Locations page. Visit your state or territory page via the links on the left or below.
The NDIS started in July 2013 as a trial in a four locations. We now have trial sites in all states and territories (see below for more information about when and where).
Roll out of the full scheme in all states and territories (except Western Australia) will start progressively from July 2016. Roll out details for the following states are now available:
- Australian Capital Territory
- New South Wales
- Northern Territory Queensland
- South Australia.
On 1 July 2013, the NDIS started in:
- Tasmania for young people aged 15-24
- South Australia for children aged six and under (on 1 July 2014)
- the Barwon area of Victoria
- the Hunter area in New South Wales for people up to age 65.
From 1 July 2014 the NDIS started in:
On 1 July 2015, early transition started in Nepean Blue Mountains area in New South Wales.
On 25 September 2015 it was announced that early transition will start in Townsville, Charters Towers and Palm Island in Queensland in January 2016.