NDIS in South AustraliaAvailability | Latest Statistics | NDIS in Adelaide | NDIS in regional South Australia | Early Childhood Early Intervention in SA | Local Area Coordination in SA | Events
South Australia statistics as at 31 March 2018
- 16,221 people from South Australia are benefiting from the NDIS
- 8,823 people in South Australia are receiving support for the first time
- 10% growth in the number of participants has been achieved this quarter
Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI) in SA
The Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI) approach is available to all children aged 0-6 with developmental delay or disability. If you need support for your child you can contact our Partner in the Community (Partner) delivering ECEI services.
In South Australia the Partner delivering ECEI services is:
- The Government of South Australia’s Department of Human Services (SA DHS) (external); formerly the Department for Communities and Social Inclusion (DCSI); – in the Service Areas of Limestone Coast, Murray and Mallee, Fleurieu and Kangaroo Island, Eyre Western and Far North, Southern Adelaide, Western Adelaide, Northern Adelaide, Adelaide Hills, Yorke and Mid North, Barossa Light and Lower North, and Eastern Adelaide.
By 1 September 2018, the Partner role will transition across to an employee-owned public service mutual, established by experienced staff from SA DHS. A public service mutual is an organisation where staff are directly involved in decision-making and benefit from its activities.
If you are interested in working with our Partner to deliver ECEI services you can find details about available positions by visiting our Partners website recruitment pages:
Local Area Coordination in SA
For most people, a Local Area Coordinator, or LAC will be your main contact point for the NDIS.
In SA, we have partnered with three well known community-based organisations to deliver LAC services. Our Partners in the Community (Partners) are:
- Feros Care (external) - in the Barossa, Light & Lower North, and Northern Adelaide Service Areas.
- Baptcare (external) – in the Western Adelaide, Eastern Adelaide and, Yorke and Mid North Service Areas.
- Mission Australia (external) - in the Limestone Coast, Murray and Mallee, Adelaide Hills, Fleurieu and Kangaroo Island, Southern Adelaide and, Eyre Western and Far North Service Areas.
One of our NSW Partners, Uniting NSW/ACT (external), are temporarily sending a small team of Local Area Coordinators to South Australia to work alongside the local NDIA office and the SA partners to help with the delivery of Local Area Coordination services. Uniting NSW/ACT staff will be using NDIS co-branded materials and badges to ensure they are easily identifiable as Local Area Coordinators.
If you are interested in working as a LAC in SA you can find details about available positions by visiting our Partners website recruitment pages:Feros Care Careers
Baptcare Careers (external)
Mission Australia Careers (external)
For NDIS and Partner offices and contact details visit Our Locations page.
We run regular workshops and open house sessions where you can come and learn about the NDIS and ask us questions.
Go to our South Australia event page to book your place at one of our upcoming sessions.