NDIS in South AustraliaAvailability | Latest Statistics |Early Childhood Early Intervention in SA | Local Area Coordination in SA | Events
South Australia statistics as at 30 September 2018
- 20,859 people in South Australia benefiting from the NDIS
- 20,728 participants with an approved plan
- 131 children supported through the ECEI gateway
- 12% growth in the number of participants this quarter
Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI) in SA
The Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI) approach is available to all children aged 0-6 with a developmental delay or disability.
An ECEI Coordinator working for one of our Partners in the Community (partners) will be your main contact point for the NDIS and can help you understand and access the most appropriate supports for your child.
In South Australia the partner delivering ECEI services is:
- Kudos Services (external) – in the Service Areas of Limestone Coast, Murray and Mallee, Fleurieu and Kangaroo Island, Eyre Western and Far North, Southern Adelaide, Western Adelaide, Northern Adelaide, Adelaide Hills, Yorke and Mid North, Barossa Light and Lower North, and Eastern Adelaide.
Kudos Services staff are experienced in delivering Early Childhood supports, and will support you and your child.
Country South and Country North ECEI services
The Kudos Services Country tream provides a mobile service into SA country regions.
Each region will have the same team members visit to ensure continuity of support and service. This will also allow staff to build local relationships and active partnerships to build the capacity of local communities.
Each visit will highlight a central location or 'home base' that will let the team coordinate visits to outlying Local Government Areas.
Visit the Kudos Services website (external) for information on when the Kudos Services Country team will be visiting a regional area near you.
For information or to book an appointment phone Kudos Services on 1800 931 190 or send an email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Local Area Coordination in SA
For most people aged seven and above, a Local Area Coordinator (LAC) working for one of our Partners in the Community (Partners) will be your main contact point for the NDIS.
In SA, the partners delivering LAC services are:
- Feros Care (external) - in the Barossa, Light & Lower North, and Northern Adelaide Service Areas.
- Baptcare (external) – in the Western Adelaide, Eastern Adelaide and, Yorke and Mid North Service Areas.
- Mission Australia (external) - in the Limestone Coast, Murray and Mallee, Adelaide Hills, Fleurieu and Kangaroo Island, Southern Adelaide and, Eyre Western and Far North Service Areas.
One of our NSW Partners, Uniting NSW/ACT (external), are temporarily sending a small team of Local Area Coordinators to SA to work alongside the local NDIA office and the SA partners to help with the delivery of LAC services. Uniting NSW/ACT staff will be using NDIS co-branded materials and badges to ensure they are easily identifiable as LACs.
To find your nearest partner office visit Our Locations page.
If you are interested in working as a LAC in SA you can find details about available positions by visiting our Partners website recruitment pages:Feros Care Careers (external)
Baptcare Careers (external)
Mission Australia Careers (external)
Areas where partners do not deliver ECEI or LAC services
Some areas of SA do not have partners. If you live in one of these areas, someone from the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) will work with you to connect you to the NDIS or to supports in your community.
To find your nearest NDIA office go to Our Locations page.
We run regular workshops and open house sessions where you can come and learn about the NDIS and ask us questions.
Go to our South Australia event page to book your place at one of our upcoming sessions.