The NDIS Price Guide and Support Catalogue 2019–20 come into effect today. Price changes are now live in the NDIS payment system.
There are updates since the release of earlier versions of these documents. NDIS providers, participants and their families and carers are encouraged to review the NDIA’s annual price review page for an outline of all up-to-date changes to 2019-20 prices and to access links to the NDIS Price Guide 2019–20 and NDIS Support Catalogue 2019–20.
The changes will deliver positive outcomes for NDIS participants and providers with some of the highlights including:
- general price increases and specific increases for therapists and attendant care and community participation
- the introduction of a Temporary Transformation Payment (TTP)
- increases to remote and very remote loadings
- updates to travel, non face-to-face services and cancellation billing policies
- updates to community and centre based supports
- providers of school leaver employment supports now eligible to claim NDIA report writing
- updates to Assistive Technology and Home Modifications
- outcomes from the WA Market Review and Therapy Price Review
The NDIS Price Guide 2019–20 provides information and guidance for providers about NDIS prices and linked policy. The NDIS Support Catalogue 2019–20 outlines price limits and all claimable line item numbers. Both documents should be used together when a provider and participant discuss what can be charged, and at what price, to deliver a participant’s supports. Providers and participants must agree on any proposed changes before these can be implemented.
Each year the NDIA conducts an annual price review to ensure NDIS prices deliver a balance between participants obtaining reasonable value for money and enabling providers to operate within a market of adequate size, quality and return. The new prices and policy updates are in response to the latest NDIA price review.