- From the CEO
- As at 30 June 2018, there were 183,965 Australians being supported by the NDIS, representing a 13 per cent growth on previous quarter
- 54,802 participants or almost 1 in 3 had not received State/Territory or Commonwealth support before the NDIS.
183,965 Australians are now benefitting from the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), an increase of 13 per cent on the last quarter, according to the latest COAG NDIS Quarterly Report for 1 April 2018 to 30 June 2018.
The Report shows the positive impact the NDIS is having on people’s lives and details the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) progress in implementing the world leading Scheme, including:
- 91 per cent of parents/carers of NDIS participants aged 0 to before school consider the NDIS has helped with their child’s development
- 71 per cent of participants aged 25 and over indicated the NDIS has helped them with Daily Living Activities.
- 88 per cent of participants rate their experience with the NDIS as either ‘Good’ or ‘Very Good’.
- The provider market has experienced substantial growth with 16,755 registered providers, representing a 17 per cent increase on last quarter.
NDIA CEO Robert De Luca said the NDIS was gaining momentum as it continued to roll out across Australia.