The Minister for the National Disability Insurance Scheme, the Hon Stuart Robert MP, recently released the NDIS Quarterly Report to disability ministers for Q4 of Y7 for the quarter ending 30 June 2020.
The Quarterly Report is a summary of how the Scheme performed from 1 April 2020 to 30 June 2020.
The data in the report guides the Agency’s decision-makers to improve the Scheme where it matters most.
The Quarterly Report is much more than data
Find out how the Agency has responded to the COVID-19 pandemic to support participants, their families and carers, providers, staff and partners.
Seven years of the NDIS
With easy-to-understand charts and tables, you can see how far the Scheme has come in such a short time.
Learn about people with disability who are staying positive and thriving in their communities despite the challenges that have come with the pandemic.
You can learn about Andrew, a Perth NDIS participant. He has worked in the disability sector for 30 years and is currently at Limbs 4 Life, supporting 200 Australian amputees. Read his story and others in the latest Quarterly Report.
Data shows the Scheme is improving and growing fast
- The NDIS welcomed more than 28,000 new participants this quarter.
- Thirty-four per cent of new participants this quarter were children aged 0-6.
- There are now 8,197 children receiving initial supports in the ECEI gateway, up 48 per cent on last quarter.
- We continue to see an upward trend of participant diversity with more Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, and remote/very remote participants entering the Scheme. Stories from participants like Andrew, a Doomadegee local who is achieving his goals and making a difference in his community, remind us how important it is to provide access to the Scheme to all Australians. You can read Andrew’s story in the report.
- Fewer young people are entering residential aged care.
- Participant satisfaction increased across all stages of the pathway.
- Participant complaints, measured against the number of access requests, dropped significantly this quarter.
- We are reducing wait times and back logs and had the lowest number of calls about planning in this quarter.
Read the report today and learn about the Scheme’s progress
The full report, including detailed information about the NDIS, participants, providers and the market, is available on the Quarterly Reports page.
Visit the Coronavirus page for the latest information about COVID-19 and the NDIS. Information about our response to COVID-19 is updated regularly on our website.