The latest NDIS public data is now available on the NDIS Data and Insights website.
These data releases, along with our quarterly reports continue to give the Australian public a picture of Scheme progress. We are committed to being transparent with our data, and using our data to make informed decisions that improve the Scheme and outcomes for participants.
The September data release includes deep dive reports, interactive data and more.
This release includes:
- the Agency’s first deep dive report into Young people in the NDIS
- the Agency’s first deep dive report into Participants across remoteness classifications (a detailed comparison of participants living in major cities, regional areas and remote areas within Australia)
- refreshed NDIS Market report and dashboards , plus a supporting guide to help you better understand the dashboards
- downloadable and interactive data refreshed to 30 June 2020.
The latest data shows the NDIS is continuing to improve and highlights opportunities for continued focus
- 105,951 children aged 0 to 6 and 83,304 young people aged 7 to 14 have met access to the Scheme since the start of the NDIS
- A young person whose life has been positively impacted by the Scheme is two-year-old Willow. Find out how Willow is achieving important milestones with the help of her support team.
- Young people are waiting significantly shorter periods for access decisions, improving in various aspects of life, and are from more culturally diverse groups
- 98 per cent of participants live in major cities or regional areas and just under 2 per cent live in remote or very remote areas
- Despite the challenges that sometimes come with living in very remote areas, Peatra from Ngukurr, Northern Territory (population: 900) has reached her goal of gaining employment, thanks in part to the NDIS. Learn how Peatra will help people in her community as part of her new job.
You can explore NDIS Markets data by Service District or Local Government Area (LGA)
With area-based data, we can see where the hotspots are – where support provision is lower or higher.
Explore the latest data release today and sign up to the data newsletter
Visit the NDIS Data and Insights website to explore the latest data.
If you would like to be the first to hear about data releases and events, subscribe to the NDIS Data and Insights newsletter .