- Provider news
- News - housing
The NDIA is committed to providing the specialist disability accommodation market with the information it needs to foster continued growth. Our goal is a thriving market that delivers quality, innovative accommodation for participants and important national infrastructure.
We have been steadily increasing the amount of data published about specialist disability accommodation (SDA) and the newly released Specialist disability accommodation 2020-21 quarter 4 report (SDA Q4 report) will:
- support participants and providers to better understand current SDA data
- provide explanations of current SDA market conditions
- complement regularly released NDIA quarterly reports and the recently published SDA Market Information Statement, SDA Finder and SDA demand data.
The SDA Q4 report features observations into publically available NDIA data and introduces new SDA participant cohort characteristic data. The report shares data and insights into changes in SDA supply and the SDA-eligible participant cohort over time, including:
- new SDA dwelling enrolments
- dwellings by design category
- dwellings by number of residents
- dwelling locations
- participants with SDA funding
- SDA-eligible participants by location
- SDA-eligible participant demographics.
We are working with the market to better understand challenges and identify opportunities. Through collaborating with the market, we can ensure the reasonable and necessary needs of participants are met with the right balance of SDA supply.
Providers, investors and the sector can use these insights, combined with other NDIA data and tools, to help guide decision-making, innovation and growth within the SDA market.
We will continue to develop the release of information and analysis to the market on key features of expected SDA supply and demand. The report will evolve as more data becomes available and feedback from the market is incorporated.
Download the SDA Q4 report .