We’re announcing changes to meal preparation and delivery, some supported independent living (SIL) supports and deep cleaning temporary COVID-19 measures.
The changes include:
- meal preparation and delivery services have been extended to include all states and territories until 28 February 2022
- providers can directly claim for cleaning services and additional SIL supports from the NDIA (no longer from participant funds)
- providers can directly claim for a one-off deep clean of a participant’s house when a support worker is diagnosed with COVID-19.
From 12 January 2022, NDIS participants with Core funding for support worker hours to help with meal preparation or shopping can now flexibly use their Core supports budget to pay an external provider for meal preparation and delivery, instead of paying a support worker to assist them with these tasks at home.
This temporary measure is available in all states and territories, through to 28 February 2022.
This measure will help participants continue receiving meal supports while reducing the need for a support worker to help them at home, helping reduce their risk of exposure to COVID-19.
Participants cannot use NDIS funds to buy food. The NDIS can only cover the cost of preparing a meal and having it delivered to you.
Particpants, this is a different way to use your current Core supports budget, we won’t be adding funding to plans without a plan review.
From 7 February 2022, eligible providers can directly claim:
- $300 for a one-off professional deep clean of your SIL residence
- additional support of $1,200 a day. This is on top of the cost of your usual SIL supports and includes increased costs for staffing, equipment, laundering and more.
Previously, these supports were claimed by providers from participant funds.
Please check the COVID Addendum for claiming conditions for these temporary support measures.
- learn more about the temporary changes in the COVID Addendum
- for participants, learn more about meal preparation and delivery and SIL supports
- for providers, learn more about meal preparation and delivery and temporary SIL supports.