Plan management explained
Plan management allows you to:
- have choice and control over the providers you use;
- use NDIS registered providers;
- use non-registered providers (although your Plan Manager must be a registered provider);
- negotiate pricing to pay less than the NDIS price guide;
- make value for money decisions in line with your plan;
- view your plan on the myplace portal to keep track of your budget.
Role of the Plan Manager
If you choose to be plan-managed, a Plan Manager is funded in your plan and must be an NDIS registered provider.
They claim directly from the budgets in your plan to pay your providers on your behalf.
If you choose to use a Plan Manager, they will:
- pay your providers for the supports you purchase;
- help you keep track of your funds;
- take care of financial reporting for you;
- depending on your circumstances, they can also help you choose your providers.