What's the difference between the NDIS Commission, the NDIS and the NDIA?
||The NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission (NDIS Commission) is an independent agency established to improve the quality and safety of NDIS supports and services
||The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is a national scheme, governed by the NDIS Act 2013.
||The National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) is the Commonwealth agency responsible with delivering the NDIS.
- Responds to concerns, complaints and reportable incidents, including abuse and neglect of NDIS participants
- Registers and regulates NDIS providers and oversees the new NDIS Code of Conduct and NDIS Practice Standards
- Monitors compliance against the NDIS Code of Conduct and NDIS Practice Standards, including undertaking investigations and taking enforcement action
- Monitors the use of restrictive practices within the NDIS with the aim of reducing and eliminating these practices
- Implementation of a national NDIS Worker Screening check (from 1 February 2021)
- Provides funding for an estimated 500,000 Australians who have a permanent and significant disability
- Provide all people with a disability with information and connections to services in their communities, such as doctors, sporting clubs, support groups, libraries and schools, as well as information about what support is provided by each state ad territory government.
- Administers access to the Scheme
- Provides individualised plans for NDIS participants
- Enables the payment for supports delivered by registered NDIS providers to NDIS participants who have their NDIS funds managed by the Agency
- Detection and investigation of allegations of fraud
|What can be done in the portal?
- Add/Remove registration groups
- Edit organisational details
- Start the registration renewal process
- Submit Behaviour Support plans, incident reports, report uses of restrictive practices etc.
- Obtain a copy of your Certificate of Registration
- Login using PRODA
- Create and edit service bookings
- View participant plans, with consent
- Submit requests for payment
- Receive requests for service
- Upload quotes and invoices for payment
- Login using PRODA