Specialist Disability Accommodation
Some Australians living with disability require access to Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) in order to best meet their needs. This may be due to physical needs, or requiring high levels of support. From July 1 2016, eligible participants requiring access to SDA will have funding included in their plan to cover any disability-related housing costs that are above the ordinary costs of housing.
This SDA funding is not intended to cover support costs, which are assessed and funded separately by the NDIS. It is an adjusted contribution to the cost of the physical building, including the land it is on. This contribution will ensure that participants don't have to pay more for their homes because of their disability.
For more information on SDA:
- SDA Pricing and Payments
- SDA Registration and dwelling enrolment
- SDA Price Calculator (XLS 30KB)
- SDA Operational Guidelines
For factsheets on SDA:
- SDA Provider Fact Sheet (PDF 140KB)
- SDA Provider Fact Sheet (DOCX 1MB)
- Specialist Disability Accommodation fact sheet for NDIS participants
For other housing information: