On this page
When seeking to access the NDIS, patients and carers will often ask their GP for support, from general information and advice on eligibility to evidence gathering and documentation. As such, GPs and other health professionals can play a vital role in:
- helping patients understand the NDIS
- guiding patients through the access process
- referring patients to NDIS community partners and other treating professionals for information and support, where appropriate
- providing evidence to support an Access Request
- documenting that the patient has or is likely to have a permanent disability and
- providing copies of reports or assessments relevant to the diagnosis/condition that help describe the functional impact of an impairment.