The NDIS continues to improve how we support participants with accessing housing supports in a timely and consistent way.
The NDIA may fund reasonable and necessary home and living supports, if they are unable to be met through mainstream, community, informal or other supports.
What does the NDIS fund?
It is important to note, the NDIS does not own or operate any housing but may provide funding, if appropriate for:
- Capacity building to assist participants to live independently in the community, supports to improve living skills, money and household management, social and communication skills and behavioural management
- Capacity building support to assist participants with developing skills for independence.
- Home modifications to the participant's own home or a private rental property and on a case-by-case basis in social housing
- Assistive technology to enable a participant to remain independent.
- Support and assistance to complete day-to-day tasks or personal care, such as assistance with showering and dressing
- Help around the home where the participant is unable to undertake these tasks due to their disability, such as assistance with cleaning and laundry.
The NDIS may also contribute to the cost of accommodation in situations where the participant has a need for specialised accommodation due to their disability.
More information is available in the home and living supports would we fund it guide .
Requesting home and living supports
Participants requesting home and living supports will need to complete the:
- Supporting evidence form - Home and living (DOCX 111KB)
- Supporting evidence form - Home and living (PDF 427KB)
Completing this form should be done in one of the following ways:
- within 100 days of a participant’s plan end date, for consideration during a scheduled plan review
- with a Change of situation or change of details form, or
- with a Request for a review of a decision form.
The form will help participants to select the correct option based on their current needs. Participants can bring this form along to their scheduled plan review, or if they need help from their planner.
How to submit this form
Once completed, you can return this form in one of three ways:
- Via email to: [email protected]
- Via mail to: NDIA, GPO Box 700, Canberra ACT 2601
- In person at your local NDIS or partner office.
If a participant is submitting this before their scheduled plan review, please do so within 100 days of a scheduled review. This will help ensure we have all the information we need early and reduce the need to request additional information.
This form should be supported with all relevant information, including any assessments or letters from health professionals.
If a participant has already submitted the previous home and living supports form, they do not need to do anything else. We will still process and consider this request.