The NDIS is working to give its participants more options for how they can set up funded support in their home.
NDIS participants are encouraged to complete a Home and Living support application if they have a goal related to Home and Living supports that is not able to be met through mainstream, informal, community or related supports:
The NDIA will review the information provided in this form and any other supporting documentation provided. The NDIA will use this information to identify appropriate home and living supports that may assist the participant to pursue their goals.
Participants need to complete this form with details about their current circumstances, strengths, barriers and ongoing requirements.
This is not an assessment or a report.
It is important to note, the NDIS does not own or operate any housing but may provide funding, if appropriate for:
- Capacity building to assist participants to live independently in the community, supports to improve living skills, money and household management, social and communication skills and behavioural management
- Capacity building support to assist participants with developing skills for independence.
- Home modifications to the participant's own home or a private rental property and on a case-by-case basis in social housing
- Assistive technology to enable a participant to remain independent.
- Support and assistance to complete day-to-day tasks or personal care, such as assistance with showering and dressing
- Help around the home where the participant is unable to undertake these tasks due to their disability, such as assistance with cleaning and laundry.
The NDIS may also contribute to the cost of accommodation in situations where the participant has a need for specialised accommodation due to their disability.